Cutaneous Fields of Peripheral Nerves
- American Academy of Neurology
- The American Academy of Neurology is a medical specialty society established to advance the art and science of neurology, and thereby promote the best possible care for patients with neurological disorders by:
- Ensuring appropriate access to neurological care.
- Supporting and advocating for an environment which ensures ethical, high quality neurological care.
- Providing excellence in professional education by offering a variety of programs in both the clinical aspects of neurology and the basic neurosciences to physicians and allied health professionals.
- Supporting clinical and basic research in the neurosciences and related fields.
- BrainTalk Communities
- Online patient support groups for neurology, sponsored by Massachusetts General Hospital. This is a continuing effort by the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital to foster online discussions between patients, caregivers and physicians about various Neurology-related topics. Please feel free to post any questions or comments.
- Clinical Neurophysiology on the Internet
- Guide to neurophysiology resources on the Internet. Searchable and browsable.
- Dana BrainWeb
- Great listing of sites for information on brain diseases and disorders.
- IllusionWorks (Visual Illusions)
- The largest collection of illusions on the Internet, many appearing for the first time. Up-to-date scientific explanations, illusionary artwork, puzzles, and interactive demonstrations.
- Internet Stroke Center at Washington University School of Medicine
- Excellent, comprehensive, up-to-date stroke resources and protocols.
- Journal of Neuroscience
- The full text of the Journal of Neuroscience, the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience on the Web. By subscription only.
- Medical Biochemistry Online Textbook
- An easily accessible encyclopedia of details on specific biochemistry subjects.
- NCBI PubMed
- NCBI PubMed provides free Web-based access to MEDLINE and other biomedical databases. NCBI PubMed can link many articles to their full-text versions at publishers' web sites. This site is the premier way to freely access the peer-reviewed biomedical literature. The Journal Database Browser from PubMed allows one to retrieve all MEDLINE-indexed articles from any journal.
- National Institutes of Health Entrez Databases
- Entrez is a search and retrieval system that integrates information from databases at NCBI. These databases include nucleotide sequences, protein sequences, macromolecular structures, whole genomes, and MEDLINE, through PubMed.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Science for the Brain: The United States' leading supporter of biomedical research on disorders of the brain and nervous system.
- National Library of Medicine's MEDLINEplus
- An easy-to-understand resource on various diseases and health topics for the public. Essential portal to Web-based disease resources. Very complete and authoritative.
- Nature Reviews - Neuroscience
- This journal is organized into three main sections: Highlights, Reviews and Perspectives on neuroscience research.
- Neuroanatomy and Neuropathology on the Internet
- As the title says, an excellent directory of neuroanatomy and neuropathology resources available on the Web. There are original resources as well, including neuroanatomy structures, functional neuroanatomy tables, and an online neuropathology atlas.
- Neuromuscular Disease Center at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- A neuromuscular textbook on the Web. Diseases are linked to their entries in Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man.
- Neuroscience for Kids
- Outstanding set of educational resources on the neurosciences.
- Neuroscience Information Framework
- A dynamic inventory of web-based neurosciences data, resources, and tools that scientists and students can access via the Web. An initiative of the NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research, the Neuroscience Information Framework will advance neuroscience research by enabling discovery and access to public research data and tools worldwide through an open source, networked environment.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
- A continually updated searchable index of all known human genetic diseases. The entries are quite complete and even come with journal references.
- Science On-Line
- This site includes the searchable full text version of the print journal Science as well as some extremely useful areas available only in electronic form on the Web. This state-of-the-art site epitomizes the possibilities of Web-based publishing.
- Society for Neuroscience
- The premier world-wide organization for neuroscientists, with many resources for both the public and society members.
- Visible Human Project
- The Visible Human Project is creating complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the male and female human body.
- Washington University School of Medicine Neuroscience Tutorial
- An illustrated guide to the essential basics of clinical neuroscience created in conjunction with a first-year course for medical students.
- Whole Brain Atlas
- The title says it all! Both still and moving images form an atlas of the human brain in health and disease.
Neurosciences on the Internet <http://www.neuroguide.com/> is edited and maintained by
Neil A. Busis, M.D. (email@example.com). He is a practicing neurologist and the Practice and Technology Editor of the American Academy of Neurology Web site.
Copyright © 1994-2009 by Neil A. Busis, M.D. All rights reserved.